Each year, OTBC selects 5 companies to be Beaverton Challenge companies. Applications are open through Oct. 1 for the 2018 Challenge class.
Why should entrepreneurs consider applying for the Challenge? Here are 5 compelling reasons:
- Residency at OTBC: Challenge winners reside at OTBC for a year where office space is simple: we provide a desk, chair, wifi, and coffee. Instead o of hassling with managing a facility, the entrepreneurs can focus on building a business.
- Peer-to-peer help: Challenge entrepreneurs work alongside other entrepreneurs who are experiencing similar challenges. Our companies always find ways to help each other through contacts and advice.
- Mentoring: Challenge companies receive OTBC’s highly rated mentoring.
- Investors: Challenge companies provide regular updates to a group of investors in the Westside Startup Fund. Aside from being a great opportunity to expand a network of investor contacts, the companies frequently receive helpful advice and introductions from the investor group.
- Investment: Challenge companies receive a $20,000+ investment from the Westside Startup fund in the form of a convertible note.
That’s just a sample of the reasons to apply. We’re accepting applications for the 2018 class through October 1. Learn more and apply here.